In 1991, AMAA Armenia launched its Child Sponsorship Program with the aim to provide regular support to underserved children and their families. The program started with the sponsorship of just 37 children, but this number has since been raised to around 2000 in Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh.
With the help of the AMAA social workers, sponsored children and their families receive multilateral support:
• Quarterly financial support
• Relief supplies as available
• On the basis of regular home visits and needs’ assessments, social workers provide services to solve or alleviate the identified problems of the children.
Sponsored children also benefit from the following services:
• Christian education, free sports, arts and craft classes
• New Year, Christmas, Easter events and gifts
• Day, sleepover and inclusive camps for children with special needs
• Medical and dental services, financial assistance for medication, surgery or other medical needs.